Manus Bio, an emerging leader in the sustainable production of plant-based ingredients, has announced the appointment of leading experts to its newly formed Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The SAB will serve as a strategic resource to Manus Bio as it continues to develop its advanced microbial platform for the synthesis of key plant natural products as flavors, fragrances, food ingredients, and pharmaceuticals,
“The launch of Manus Bio’s Scientific Advisory Board makes clear our commitment to pursuing the best science, developing novel engineering approaches, and delivering innovative and sustainable products to society,” said Dr. Ajikumar Parayil, Ph.D., Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer of Manus Bio. “We look forward to collaborating with this talented and experienced team of advisors to deliver low-cost plant-based ingredients and to keep our discovery and engineering platform on the cutting edge.”
The inaugural members of Manus Bio’s Scientific Advisory Board include:
- Greg Stephanopoulos, Ph.D., expert in metabolic and biochemical engineering and scientific co-founder of Manus Bio; Chair, scientific advisory board, Manus Bio; President of the American Institute for Chemical Engineers; Society for Biological Engineering and International Metabolic Engineering Society, Board Member; fellow of NAS, NAE, AAAS, AIChE, and AAM; winner of the AIChE Founder’s Award; editor-in-chief of Metabolic Engineering; author of the Metabolic Engineering textbook; W.H. Dow Professor in Chemical Engineering, MIT.
- Keith Tyo, Ph.D., expert in Metabolic Engineering and Synthetic Biology, especially in the design and construction of very large pathway assemblies, as well as Risk Assessment and Project Management emphasizing metabolic engineering approaches; NSF CAREER Award-winner; Assistant Professor of Chemical & Biological Engineering, Northwestern University.
- Kristala Jones Prather, Ph.D., expert in the areas of metabolic engineering and biochemical engineering, with significant experience on pathway and strain design; two-time NAS Kavli Fellowship recipient; Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study Fellow, Harvard; MacVicar Faculty Fellow, MIT; Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, MIT.
- Natalia Dudareva, Ph.D., expert in plant biochemistry, natural products and pathway discovery; Alexander Humboldt Research Award winner; Fellow of the American Academy for the Advancement of Science (AAAS); Wickersham Chair and Distinguished Professor of Biochemistry in Department of Horticulture and Landscape Agriculture, Purdue University.
- Marjan De Mey, Ph.D., expert in metabolic and bioprocess engineering, with strategic experience in specialty and high-value natural product biomanufacturing; Research Affiliate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT); Associate Professor in the Center of Expertise for Industrial Biotechnology and Biocatalysis, Gent University.